The Japanese eat natto with white rice, so this recipe is a cultural challenge for westerners to eat natto with bread.
- 100g of butter
- 40g of mamenoka
- 8g of shallots (instead of green onion) A pinch of wasabi powder
- A pinch of chives
- 1 tsp of konbucha (powdered kelp tea) 2g of fleur de sel (for finishing)
- A pinch of salt (for mixing)
- French baguette bread
How to make
- Bring the butter to room temperature
- Finely chop the chives and shallots
- Mix the above ingredients thoroughly with the salt, wasabi powder, mamenoka and konbucha.
- Cover the mix in plastic film and leave to chill in the fridge for 2 hours or more.
- Cut the chilled mix to the size of your choice and add the fleur de sel. Enjoy!
* Take care not to over-salt the butter base!
* Don’t overtoast the French bread either